Sunday 4 March 2012

First Post!

Hello all, this is my first ever post so I thought I'd use it to briefly elaborate on my blog! Medical school applications are so unique relative to other subjects as an applicant must pour in much more to really stand out from the crowd and prove that they are the real deal. We have to extensively read around the area of medicine, arrange a bucketload of work experience placements, achieve outstanding academic grades and that's all before the interview - which must be the most nerve-racking period of time in our young lives. Even then an offer isn't guaranteed, and even if one does arrive, I can bet it's not going to be a walk in the park!

As mentioned in the "About" section, I plan to use this blog to share my knowledges and experiences: I will post regular updates relating to my work experience, my medical reading and generally anything that captures my interest! As well as this, I aim to regularly review medical and scientific news, and to analyse ethically-difficult situations. I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it.

Tell your friends!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment